New Nude Magazine review
Top Magazines Sites
Initial Review: 2006-10-04
Last Update: 2007-09-13
New Nude Mag is the online version and companion to The New Nude magazine. New Nude Magazine also contains other materials and extras available such as member submitted photos and the like.
- Quantity5.0 / 15
- Quality13.0 / 15
- Update Freq.5.0 / 10
- Exclusivity10.0 / 10
- Entertainment8.0 / 10
- Downloadability5.0 / 5
- Extras3.0 / 5
Cost / Markup
- Value/Money12.0 / 20
- Markup0.0 / 5
- Navigation3.0 / 5
- Design3.0 / 5
Watch 4 Beauty - 83.5
Naughty Mag - 81.5
Swank Mag - 80.5
Gent Online - 80.5
Genesis Magazine - 79
Velvet Magazine - 78.5
18 Magazine - 76.5
Fox Magazine - 73.5
New Nude Magazine - 67
Looker Girls - 61.5
- Pictures are truly works of art (by far one of the best magazine photos I've seen).
- Members could join the photo contests and let other members see your work (and get a chance to win a one month membership to hegre-art.com).
- Read up on articles/interviews with other know photographers/models (while they show some of their nice works).
- Download the issues (e-book - PDF format) as one magazine or download specific features (available in high or low quality) - each mag issue has around 9 feature articles (with pictures).
- Quality of photos is ok (could use a bigger resolution - the one they got now isn't bad though) - 1200x1118 px.
- Interesting content.
- 4 quarterly issues of "The New Nude Mag".
- Lots of supplementary material such as articles, 5000+ members photos, ...
- It's not known just when a new issue will be updated.
- No zip file downloads provided.
- Only has 5 magazine issues available at the moment.
- Definitely no hardcore content (this site caters to those interested in nude/artistic photography) - which definitely ain't wrong, just worth mentioning.
- There are no videos in the site.
- Only available through a yearly membership which is - even though non-recurring - still not cheap to give the site a try.
Photography, Porn Stars
Details: Update schedule unpredictable.
Credit Card, Check
$67.45 (1 Year, Non-Recurring)
5 Issues (800+ pictures)
Hi-Res: Y | Different Sizes: N | ZIP Files: N | Slideshow: N
Image Resolutions: 1200x1118 (High Res)
More Content Details:
Content Exclusivity: 100% Web-Exclusive
Third Party / Bonus Content: None
Live Webcams: None
Model Index: No
3 out of 25 available features shown.
In August 2004, Petter Hegre, the popular and awarded photographer know for his quality nude shots, published an erotic art photography magazine that was later relaunched into The New Nude, an erotica print magazine. NewNudeMag, is the online resource that is available to subscribers, with downloadable soft copies and various extra pictures by well-known and soon-too-be-known photographers.
The New Nude magazine has declared its mission "to bring sensual, high-quality, and cutting edge figurative photography to the world in a magazine format with in-depth articles, interviews and stunning models in exciting locations". They emphasize a lot on travel, current events, the world we live in, and other sources of inspiration, and thus are exclusively dedicated to perfecting the art of the "artistic nude".
As I understood it, the web site is a companion resource for the subscribers of the magazine. The magazine itself is released quarterly. Inside the site, you can download e-book (PDF format) versions of either the whole issue, or specific parts, sections, articles, photos, or portfolios of the contributing photographers and writers. The featured photographers are known ones in the field, and the articles and photos are very good, too. The layouts as well are nice, there's nothing to complain about here. The magazines are very nice in terms on photography, content, and over-all aesthetics. After all, it is an erotic art magazine, and one whose mission is to show "a different vision".
There are also some pictures available inside of New Nude Mag which were of course not published, or did not make it to the cut of the magazine, so those maybe worth taking a look on top of the more "general" stuff. The articles inside the magazine range from the finer points of photography, to erotica, to personal points of view on art, method, and technique. There are also tidbits about who's who in the artistic nude photography world, essential gear and software for shutter lovers, photo events and exhibits, news, book reviews (photography and art books), e-cards and a function for ordering back-issues for those that you might have missed. Not only is this site a good companion for the erotica enthusiast, but also a great resource for the aspiring professional photographers within our readers :).
One of the nice things they have inside NewNudeMag is the "Photo Contest" and "Photo Forum". Here, amateur photographers can upload their works and have a chance for their talent to be discovered. Once you upload a photo, you are automatically entered into the contest, all you have to do is to register a bit for the contact and contest details.
For the site, there isn't much content. The pictures that are here are not that many. However, there are lots of member uploaded pictures, and other tidbits of information from the articles to feed on.
So, if you're a photography and erotica enthusiast, the subscription is actually a very good one at a yearly cost of $67.45. The website is a great companion site to the magazine, and gives extra value, venue for feedback and opportunities for community building for its subscribers.
Quick Tour Preview
2007-09-06: NewNudeMag.com added to database, Quick Facts added, New Nude Magazine review posted.